Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 March 2014

I love Pegging Out

I don't know what "pegging out" means to you, but in my native Lancashire it refers to the time honoured job of pegging the washing out on the line.

Why do I love pegging out?

I thing there are 3 main reasons.

  1. It takes me back to my childhood, to the days before tumble dryers, when the world seemed a very simple place ( as it does to most young children I think)
  2. I love the idea that I'm saving money by not using the tumble dryer. All those Kilowatt hours being saved from the clutches on British Gas.
  3. If I'm pegging out, it must be a dry day in the Lakes. It is probably even a sunny day in the Lakes. Every dry , sunny day is something to feel very happy about. Especially in the Lakes, as it does sometimes rain here (no rain, no Lakes as we say)
Here's today's washing on the line.

It's bath mats, towels and hi tech wicking garments on my line today- not exactly the strange flannels and woolies you see on Call the Midwife  (I love that programme- they are big fans of Pegging Out ).

It's another really lovely Lakes day today. If you want to visit, our cottage, Brockstone, is available for short breaks. You can read about our Lakes Holiday Cottage on Trip Advisor here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice messages are very welcome.