Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Sunday 16 September 2012

More red squirrel sightings

In the last week we've seen a red squirrel twice in the same spot, on the old road just above the White Moss Quarry car park, ( just up from where Mark, the ice cream man, has had his van for well over 30 years)

I'm taking my camera with me everytime I go that way now, in the hope that I'll finally be able to get my own red squirrel photo. I've either not had my camera with me, or when they've been in the garden, I've rushed for the camera only to find the squirrel has run off.

Guests have sometimes seen the red squirrel too- you might be lucky. This time in the autumn they're out  looking for food to store. If you want to stay with us in October, from Sunday to Thursday night, we are offering FREE NIGHTS! Stay 3 nights and have a 4th night bed and breakfast free. You can check our website for details, http://whitemoss.com/special-offers.htm.

Stone on the top of Sheffield Pike overlooking Ullswater 
Here's an unusual Lake District photo to you. This inscribed stone is on the top of Sheffield Pike, which has great views over Ullswater. Wainwright wasn't a big fan of Sheffield Pike, but we like it, as it's always quiet and the views are great. Drive about 25 minutes from White Moss, park on the west side of Ullswater, and take this lovely walk past the quaintly named Seldom Seen onto the tops for a great autumn hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nice messages are very welcome.